Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paula Abdul: “I’ve Inspired Beyonce & Rihanna”



Wow. Paula is BREEZY again!! In a new interview, American Idol judge Paula Abdul is taking the credit for inspiring modern pop stars like Rihanna and Beyonce. The singer who rose to fame in the late 1980s, selling over 23 million records worldwide, is convinced her long-running career and groundbreaking choreography in music videos helped pave the way for the music stars of today. Paula, a former professional cheerleader for the Los Angeles Lakers, believes her videos are an “almanac for every performer.” Paula says , “My videos stand the test of time. They are like the almanac for every performer. Even Rhianna has come up to me and said ‘I hope you don’t mind.’ And Beyonce. You can see the influence of what I’ve done. It’s really fun to see that I’ve left a mark. It was my idea to create an animated character. It takes a lot of focus, a lot time, and a lot of money.”

No comments:

Post a Comment