Monday, January 26, 2009

Young Jeezy Discusses "My President" Remix



Last week, before performing the "My President" remix with Jay-Z in Washington, D.C., Young Jeezy told MTV News that even though his song was inspired by Barack Obama, he didn't expect the president to come out and endorse it. Jeezy is fully aware that there is still a certain distance the commander in chief has to maintain.

"I'm a street cat 100 percent, but there's certain things I had to distance myself between too if I wanna lead the way for the rest of us, if I wanna spit that game back to the 'hood," Jeezy said. " ... I don't expect Obama to come send me a thank-you letter for the song. I feel like he did his thing, and I did what I could to help."

Jeezy voted for Obama in November and said casting his ballot felt like "buying a new car. Buying a new Bentley off the lot with no co-sign at 17 years old."

Jeezy said MCs besides Jay-Z have sent in verses for a "My President" remix, but he was especially excited about working with Hov.

"That's Jay!" he laughed. "Jay is one of the dudes I always respected his craft in the game. Definitely his hustle. For me and him to do so much, I feel like we cut from the same cloth. Great minds always meet at the top. And they do things.

"The song was powerful already with Nas; now Jay is on there," he added. "We got a few more people on the remix." ...

No comments:

Post a Comment