Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eve Making a Comeback TOO!!



Eve is trying to make a comeback that nobody seems to be interested in:

Rapper/actress EVE is desperate to release her long-awaited fourth album - because she fears its songs will become so old, she’ll be forced to rework them again. The Tambourine hitmaker was originally due to drop her disc Here I Am on Interscope in a joint deal with Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Entertainment in August 2007, but after months of wrangling, the CD never materialised.
Now signed to Geffen Records, Eve is itching to get her music back on the radio - after being forced to re-record a host of tracks on the newly-titled Flirt.

In an interview with NYPost.com’s PopWrap blog, she says, “Unfortunately I am caught up in a whole music label situation. The album is finally going to come out this spring or summer. But with all the time that passed, we went back in and reworked the whole thing.”

And Eve decided to scrap a number of mid-tempo tracks in favour of more club-friendly beats - because she didn’t want to be reminded about the uphill battle she faced to get her album on shop shelves.

She adds, “I had to get in there and put in some upbeat music that I wasn’t depressed about… It won’t be called Here I Am anymore. Now it’s called Flirt.

“I am truly, truly sitting on some amazing music. Nobody’s been waiting longer than me to get this monkey off my back!”

No comments:

Post a Comment