Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Akon Hides In A Burger King



R&B singer Akon found himself at the center of a frightening scene in London recently - when an encounter with fans went awry. The Smack That hit-maker was strolling through the city center this weekend when several members of the public approached the star. But the sighting sparked a fan frenzy and after being mobbed, Akon was forced to take shelter in……a nearby fast food restaurant. And the star had to be smuggled out of the building’s back entrance after the surging mob of fans shattered a window. He says, “The intention was to go and watch a movie, but as we were walking there I spotted this little catfight in the middle of the street. It was really funny so I started filming it on my phone.” “I forgot who I was for a second, and people started to notice me - before I knew it I was being mobbed by about 300 fans. I had to run to the nearby Burger King, but it got so crazy with people following that a window ended up getting smashed. They had to sneak us out the back and I never did get to see that film.”

No comments:

Post a Comment