Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lisa Raye Essence Interview [Discussing Suggestive Pictures]



Lisa Raye chats about suggestive pics (that would be above & below) and her husband turning all hollyweird in this second edition of the two part interview (read the first here):

ESSENCE.COM: There were some suggestive magazine photos that resurfaced which gave the country more ammunition to declare that you weren’t fit to be a First Lady. Did your husband ever defend you?
LISARAYE: I’m the First Lady and I knew that I could no longer do those kinds of photo shoots. They were old photographs from a few years ago and I’m an actress, so I know why that magazine chose to run them again. Still, I felt like when Michael asked me if I posed for that magazine he could have shown a bit more support and spoken on my behalf and say, “My wife would not do this.” When he questioned me, I said, “Are you serious? Might this be the same series of the photos and posters you framed and proudly said, “This is my wife?” To not ask me as your wife and accuse me of something like that really hurt. Then people want to say no other First Lady would do this. Well, neither did I because it was done years ago, and quite frankly, the other First Ladies couldn’t pull that off if they wanted to.

ESSENCE.COM: Many have speculated about his interest in you as a wife both personally and professionally. In other words, your Hollywood connections would have proven beneficial to him. Do you agree?
LISARAYE: I started the island’s first film festival and used my relationships to help produce and improve the music festival by bringing people I knew to the island. I was also able to cut the budget
. It’s funny because all of a sudden he became Hollywood, and I’m thinking, Hold up! Do you want to be the Premier or what? Wait a minute we don’t have to entertain everyone, every second. You are married and the president of this country. Then I have to ask, “What’s going on?”




No comments:

Post a Comment